Saturday, February 20, 2016

What is Lipsticks & Spoons

Lipsticks & Spoons is the blog I decided after much consideration to start about beauty, makeup, hair, nails, and whatever else I can think of that pertains to any of those catagories. While anyone is free to come by and read and participate, it is mostly geared towards my fellow spoonies . What is a spoonie you may ask? Good question...essentially a spoonie is any person who suffers from a chronic illness. I myself have fibromyalgia, anxiety and depression. If you want to read more about what a spoonie is, I encourage you to check out The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino over on But You Don't Look Sick?

Just because I, or anyone else for that matter has a chronic illness or illnesses, doesn't mean some of us don't care about beauty and looking great. In fact sometimes just making that little bit of effort to put on some lipgloss can help us (or me anyway, but I don't think I'm the only one) feel just tiny bit better on the days when our energy is non-existent and just getting out of bed to hit the bathroom is the biggest chore.

So this blog and FB group will be swatches of new makeup I have, hair tips/tricks, mini tutorials and other stuff. I also hope that my fellow spoonies will want to contribute stuff as well and I encourage you to get in touch if you want to do a swatch and review, mini-tutorial or whatever! 

Gentle Hugs Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment