Thursday, February 25, 2016

February Ipsy Haul

Since I got my February Ispy bag a few days ago I decided it was about time I got up a post about what I got in my Glam Bag. If you aren't familiar with Ipsy, I'll give you a quick rundown. Ipsy is a monthly beauty and makeup subscription service, were every month you get 5 deluxe and full-sized products. Additionally each month your products come in a new makeup bag! It is a really good way to try brands and products you normally wouldn't buy or even be able to easily get wherever you live.

Subscription costs: $10/month for US and Canada plus $4.95 shipping for Canada. Also, it's important to know that for fellow Canadians the monthly price "changes" depending on the exchange rate so you will generally be paying between $14-20/month.

My bag is just just one possible combination of items available this month and here it is!
February's Glam Bag



 Trust Fund Beauty in I'm Kind of a Big Deal

This is a full-size item in a gorgeous pink shade. It is the colour I'm wearing in the photo on the right. 

It is: Non-toxic
long-wearing and cruelty-free!

I've been wearing this polish for 2 days now and while I have had some chipping, it isn't anything too bad.








Next up is this lipstick pencil by Chella in Passionate Pink (on the left).  I have swatched this colour on my arm only so far and it is a really pretty colour, although I don't know that it is one I'd wear often. It doesn't set and will smear, so you will likely have to reapply often.

On the right is the Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Enhancer. Again I have only swatched on my arm but given that it can be worn on the waterline to brighten the eyes it is one I will get a lot of use out of I'm sure.

Both these are deluxe sample sizes.

Swatches of Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Enhancer and Passionate Pink by Chella. 



This is the Smashbox Primer Oil and I used it yesterday and I love it! Bummed that it is so expensive for a full-size but definitely something I would consider buying later seeing as how much I liked it. It absorbed almost instantly and a little goes a long way. I also loved how much easier it made my BB cream go on.

Last up is this crystal nail file by Margaret Dabbs London. I've seen some people complaining online about getting a nail file in their glam bags but I for one am happy about it. This one is a very fine grain file which I find works better for my nails. My nails are very prone to splitting and breaking easily and sometimes with traditional nail files I notice splitting a lot more after use. I've never noticed that after using a crystal file. I'm also impressed that it held up in shipping, since I know a lot of people had theirs broken in transit.

This is a full-sized item.


If you are subscribed to Ipsy, what did you get in your February Glam Bag? What was your favorite or least favorite item?

If you aren't subscribed to Ipsy and you are interested in subscribing you can sign up here.


No comments:

Post a Comment