Saturday, February 27, 2016

Nails of the Week

Lately I have been all about nail polish strips. They are easier to apply than actual nail polish an I find they last a lot longer on my nails than actual nail polish. 

If you aren't familiar with nail polish strips or how to apply them I'll give you a quick rundown. Nail polish strips are basically nail polish. Once you open a package, they will dry out. Each box comes with 2 foil packages of strips with 8 each in a variety of sizes, a nail file and a cuticle stick. Once you get the hang of applying them and depending on the size of your nails you may be able to only use 1 package for all 10 nails. Each strip is long enough that you can generally get 2 nails done out of 1 strip. 

Apply the nail polish strips:

Basically to get started you want clean and dry nails so that the nail polish will adhere to your nails. You may also want to give your nails a quick swipe with some nail polish just to make sure there is nothing on your nails.

Choose a nail strip that will fit you nail, peel off the clear plastic cover and then peel the strip off the backing paper and break off the silver tab at the end of the strip.

Gently apply the nail strip to your nail and smooth the strip over your nail. Once the strip is in place, either use the nail file to remove the rest of the strip or you can use a nail to separate the remainder then go in with the nail file to ensure all excess is removed. For some reason I HATE using the file to remove the excess but I'm weird and that may just be me!

Repeat on the remainder of your nails and then you just have to give it a little bit of time and the nail polish strips will dry and you are all done!

It is a relatively easy way to do your nails without having to use liquid nail polish. Sometimes I just do not have the patience or energy to deal with actual nail polish and this is a good way to get fun nails without having to do too much work.

Finished nails using Sally Hansen Salon Effects
Sally Hansen Salon Effects in 235 Check, Please!
The ones I love most are the Sally Hamsen Salon Effects ones and I'm lucky enough to be able to find these at Dollarama for $2. They normally retail for about $8.97 at Walmart and while I love them I don't often feel the need to buy them at full price. That's not to say I won't in the future but right now nope!

Have you used nail polish strips before? Did you find them worth the cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment